The Great Sabbatical Send-off
+ Important Dates
Buff’s last Sunday service is June 4 before he departs on a 14-week sabbatical. Here are some important dates and information:
The 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. services, with Eucharist, will continue through the sabbatical, aside from the one service celebrating Buff’s return on September 10. We’ve scheduled guest priests and lay preachers: Julie Luna, June 25; Rev. Bob Furniss, July 2; Rev. Phil Rose, July 16; Ben Mattson, July 23; Rev. Yanchy Lacska, August 6; Brenda Hoffman, August 20.
Ascension is piloting a Community of Hope pastoral-care team to address the needs of our parish during the sabbatical. Our plan is that all goes well and continues upon Buff’s return.
Thanks to a grant received from the Lilly Endowment Inc., we are able to hire an interim administrator to manage the day-to-day operations of Ascension. Parishioner Jen Truman has agreed to take on that role, working 10 hours a week.
We look forward to joining together as a community to send off Buff, celebrate his return, and enjoy the summer together. Please mark your calendars:
- June 4, 11 a.m., send-off brunch.
- June 28, 6 p.m., cookout @ Ascension softball game, Jaycee Fields.
- September 10, 9 a.m., single Eucharist, celebrating Buff’s return, with brunch following.
If you have any needs or questions, please contact any of us:
- The parish office (651-439-2609) will be open Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Jen Truman, 651-303-3677.
- Marilyn Baldwin, 651-246-0840.
- Monica Davis, 651-278-8866.