Put your kilt on and bring your family, friends and neighbors to Ascension for a Celtic Street Festival under a big tent on Saturday, September 23.
The festivities, recommended for adults 21 years and older, will commence at 5:30 PM with a ceremonial lighting of the bonfire and more than 20 members of The Brian Boru Irish Pipe Band of St. Paul, MN parading up and down Third Street. Inside Straight Blues Band with 6 musicians will take to the main stage at 7:00 PM for dancing and merriment until the end of the party at 10:00 PM.
Revelers may purchase homemade pub food, Lift Bridge Brewery beers, wine and non-alcoholic refreshments, as well as games of chance including a wine toss, and Hammershlagen. All are invited to participate in a Kilt Contest for a chance to win prizes.
Don’t forget to purchase your Bagpipes & Bonfires Raffle Tickets — $10 each — for a chance to win 2 tickets to Ireland and 5 other fabulous prizes.…such as:
- Weekend getaway to the Apostle Islands via private charter plane for two with a $500 voucher for food and lodging
- A six-night stay in a private three bedroom townhouse in Orlando, Florida and a $500 voucher for food and fun
- Night on the town – shopping and dinner for 6 at Pub 112
- Behind the scenes private tour of Ascension Church and dinner
- River Rendevous – a romantic gondola ride on the St. Croix
Don’t be shy, purchase 10 tickets for yourself and better yet, sell raffle tickets to all you meet – it’s for a great cause – our beloved church!
To find out how you can join the fun, visit the Bagpipes & Bonfires festival booth in the Parish Hall after services each Sunday or contact Jen Truman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for raffle tickets.
For more details contact Brenda and Mark Doneux, Event Co-Chairs at (651) 430-9193.
See you on September 23rd!