High School Youth
High School Youth teachers are Rick Brown, Julie O’Reilly and Mindy Boynton. The kick-off date for this group is Sunday, Sept. 13th, 11:30 a.m. For a schedule of meetings, activities, and retreats, see Director of Children, Youth, & Family Ministries, Mindy Boynton.
As confirmed members of the church, senior high youth help create their own programs and are encouraged to serve in a parish ministry. The program seeks to help youth discern their gifts and plan how to pursue developing those gifts in high school and beyond. Many programs and events are available to them such as Teens Encounter Christ, Peer Ministry training, Episcopal Youth Events, Mission trips and much more.
Ascension Senior High Schedule; 2017-2018
All Meetings are held at Manwaring Youth Space unless another location is named from 11:30-1:00pm with lunch. 9th thru 12th Graders and friends are invited. When it is just a 9th grade Confirmation Meeting it will be in RED!
- November 19th: Youth Group Meeting & De-Brief T.E.C.
- December 1st: Parent Night Out, 5:00-8:00pm at church
- December 3rd: Meet at Target to shop for Headstart children’s Christmas gifts with money earned at Parents Night Out.
- December 17th: Christmas Party at Mindy’s House in Scandia with your families, 12:00-5:00pm
- January 7th: Youth Group Meeting
- January 19th-21st: Peer Ministry at St. Mark’s Cathedral, times TBA
- January 19th-20th: Confirmation Retreat at Manwaring, arrive at 7:00am and leave at 11:00am
- February 4th: Youth Group Meeting
- February 11th: Confirmation Brunch with families and mentors at Manwaring, 11:30am
- February 16th-17th: Retreat up to Julie O’Reilly’s Cabin in Hayward, times TBD
- February 25th: Youth cook & serve at Last Sunday Supper
- March 2nd-3rd: Confirmation Retreat up to House Of Prayer
- March 4th: Youth Group Meeting
- March 18th: Youth Group Meeting