Where has the Youth Minister been?
Just sending you my love so far this summer. Hope you’re enjoying yourself as much as I am! Traveling to Oklahoma City for Episcopal Youth Event and to Duluth with great youth all around! Then to come home for a rest. I have read more than 15 books, none with any Christian Formation in them! I have been walking and re-teaching myself how to take care of my body, mind, and spirit.
At the end of July, I started planning for what Ascension’s Formation program might look like this year. Here is a snapshot of what I have been working on, along with on-line registration:
- Extended Worship Tool Boxes for different ages.
- Welcome gift bags to new children who come to Ascension.
- At home Milestone kits for all ages.
- Children’s Chapel prayer box.
- Second and Third grade Holy Communion Class with families, Sundays in January.
Youth: much smaller classes with one teacher and new Episcopal Curriculum.
- Wednesday Evening Formation begins September 6, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Godly Play, Pre K to 2.
- Third grade.
- Fourth grade; Darcy Rodriquez, teacher.
- Fifth grade.
- Sixth, seventh, eighth grades: Manwaring House; Sarah DeWolf and Mindy Boynton, teachers.
- Sunday Morning Formation begins September 10.
- Nursery, 0-3 years, Godly Play, Pre K-2, 9:00-10:00 a.m.
- Children’s Chapel will introduce a new Prayer Box.
- Character Club, 9:00 a.m. at Manwaring House with Mindy, all ages.
- Confirmation and Senior high times are not set yet.
– Mindy Boynton